Adult Pickleball - Open Play
Pickleball is a racquet sport which combines elements of badminton, tennis, and table tennis. The sport is played on a court with the same dimensions as a doubles badminton court. The net is similar to a tennis net, but is mounted two inches lower. The game is played with a hard paddle and a polymer wiffleball.
- Adult Pickleball Sessions meet on Monday and Thursday mornings, Tuesday evenings or Saturday mornings.
- Sessions running late November- March will take place in the Rec. Center.
- All participants will help set up and clean up equipment for each court during the allotted program time. (Indoor Play)
- Sessions running April - Mid November will take place at the Main St. park.
- Only those enrolled and paid may play during our program time.
Outdoor Pickleball Courts
- The outdoor courts are open to the public at sunrise and are based on a 1st come, 1st use system.
- Please be respectful to others and if crowded limit your game play to accommodate all.
- The courts will be closed to the public whenever OSPR is running a program on the courts.
- Private lessons are not allowed at any OSPR facility.
- The courts lights will be turned on seasonally from sundown until 8:15pm.
- No games shall be played after the lights are off.
- Once the lights are off, the park is closed.
Beginner vs Intermediate - Which is right for me?
- Programs are based on USAPA Skill Rating. To know your skill rating, please use the USAPA - Skill Rating Definitions document listed below.
- In order to participate in our Intermediate sessions, you need to play for at least 12 months in our Beginner Programs.
- Beginner Programs are for 1.5 - 2.5 USAPA Skill Rating
- Intermediate Programs are for 3.0-4.0 USPA Skill Rating
- For those who are brand new to the sport, please see our Pickleball Lessons page.
Additional Forms and Files: