Old Saybrook Parks & Recreation
Skip to nav
6th-8th Grade Teen Center Membership
The Teen Center is a drop-in program at the OSPR Recreation Center behind Town Hall and adjacent to the Old Saybrook Middle School. It is a supervised setting where your child can interact with peers and develop social skills and relationships. We have a wide variety of activities and games offered daily. Members are able to use the Teen Center lounge and game tables, the gym, as well as the outside basketball courts and baseball field.
Members may attend the Rec Monday-Thursday from 2:30pm-5:30pm. On half days, the teen center will open from 12:00-5:30pm. Fridays 7:00-9:45pm where members must register in advance and have a teen center membership. There will be a 25 person maximum limit per night with a minimum of 10 participants to run the event. Members pay the $20 membership fee which is good until August of next year. It's important to note, reservations will need to be made for your child to access the teen center. Once you pay for the membership, we will ask that parents "reserve" the week you expect your child to be coming to the rec after school or on Friday nights.
All indoor programs & activities are postponed until further notice
While the Teen Center remains closed, check out our virtual Teen Center Activities!
Reserve today for Teen Center after school or Friday Nights!
Click on the link below to reserve your week!
Please visit our 6th-8th grade reservation program to reserve dates
- Full Membership allows student to attend the Rec Mon-Thurs 2:30-5:30 and Friday nights 7:00-9:30pm until August 31st 2021
- On half days, the teen center will open from 12:00-5:30pm
- If your child doesn't have a Membership, they can't attend the Rec afterschool
- The Teen Center Monday-Thursday are drop in hours, they must present themselves to our staff member to sign in/out each day. Once they sign out, they can't return to the Rec for the rest of the day.
- Per Connecticut General Statute 19a-77 we are required to disclose that our programs are not licensed by the State Office of Early Childhood.
- *We are maxing the limit of members to 25 each day. Reservations must be made for the week that your child will be attending so we stay in compliance with CDC and state guidelines.*
- To reserve dates, you must visit the "6th-8th grade Teen Center Reservation" program. Reservation dates will become available three weeks prior from the start of any given week on a first come first serve basis
- Teen Center members will disinfect equipment after each use. Also will exercise proper hand washing hygiene by applying hand sanitizer and washing hands frequently
- Students will be signed in/out by our staff member electronically.
Friday Night Teen Center
- You must register in advance AND have a Teen Center membership. Maximum of 25 people per night with a minimum of 10 participants required to run event
- If you did not register in advance (reserve your date) members will NOT be allowed access
- All members are required to wear a mask inside
- No guests will be allowed
Additional Forms and Files: